Kayak Adventure – Cullinan Ranch, San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Sun, Sep 15 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Kayaking at the Cullinan Ranch Unit of San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge co-sponsored by Visions of the Wild, Steve Souza’s Kayaking & Biking Vallejo group, the Refuge and the Friends of San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge from 9:30 am to 12:30 on Sunday, September 15th.
Bring your own kayak or reserve one of the 14 spots provided by Steve Souza’s group. All the gear and vessels are provided for 14 kayakers.
• Paved parking for 9 vehicles and grassy spaces for approximately 10 more.
• ADA accessible vault toilet.
• Dock with two launch slips (see photo) for kayaks, canoes or other hand launched boats
• Interpretive kiosk (see photo); in addition Refuge Friends will be on hand to briefly tell the Cullinan story.
• 1.3 mile walking trail from the parking lot to South Slough. The trail lies between Cullinan Ranch to the east and California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Pond 1 to the west. The trail offers views of both areas may have numerous waterfowl and shorebirds foraging and resting.
To access the site you must be traveling west-bound on Highway 37. The parking lot (see photo) is located 3.4 miles west of the Mare Island Highway 37 overcrossing (see photo).
Reserve your spot
Due to limited parking at the site, you must sign up on Eventbrite for this event. When signing up, state if you will bring your own gear and kayak.
• High winds will necessitate a venue change to Lake Chabot in Dan Foley Park. Should a change occur you will be notified by email.
• Bring sunscreen, water and do not wear cotton clothing.
The parking lot is located 3.4 miles west of the
Mare Island Highway 37 over-crossing.